For kicks, a friend and I built ourselves a casino sized poker table to make home games a bit more fun and interesting. I came out pretty damn good if I do say so myself. It didn’t have any frills but it sits and deals like a casino table. Here’s how we did it.
First the materials and tools you will need:
*Everything on this list except the felt can be obtained at a good home improvement store. The felt is eminently available at any good arts and crafts store. Assuming you already have the power tools it will probably only cost around $60.
- 8′ by 4′ plywood between 3/4″ and 1″ thick
- carpet padding of the same dimensions
- felt of slightly larger dimensions
- utility knife with fresh sharp razors
- electric saw(or a table saw, but if you have one of those you don’t need these directions)
- a strong glue
- one screw
- staple gun
- belt sander
A casino table is 8′ by 4′ so very little material will be wasted. All you have to do is take off the corners. To do this you want to divide the board in two and draw two equal circles on it. For those of you who are geometrically challenged check out my next post (Coming Monday!) where I will explain how to do that as well as the rest of the assembly procedure.